Title adapted from actress Tellulah Bankhead.
I have changed and experienced a lot over the past year that was 2008. Regardless, I hardly swear, I don't binge drink (FYI PM Rudd- two standard drinks a night for females should not be considered binge drinking), and I definitely don't smoke nor do I do drugs. I am a well-mannered, polite young lady (even if this is disputed by my pseudo-brother dearest). However despite this, for some reason, I've been labelled on numerous occasions a 'bad influence'. Even my pseudo-husband (there you made it into my blog, now you're famous :P) avoids mentioning me to the parentals when listing people attending a particular event in attempts to be allowed to go. The only thing I'm going to influence you to do is to go out more often than not, which at our age can only be a good thing, yes? And maybe run the wrong way down escalators and end up with a fine with a value with three digits, but I digress.
Rihanna's latest album Good Girl Gone Bad is about her rebelling against her little girl image from when she was 17 (or so she says). I've never had the need to rebel against a particular image or from my parents. Those that know me will know that I can pretty much do whatever I want; my parents are big on the whole 'it's your responsibility' thing about nights out and my life in general. Though for some reason, my mum has suddenly been very intent on me making my bed before going out (don't ask me- I think it's a waste of time).
My parents have a few favourite speeches. The 'This isn't a hotel' speech and the 'You need to spend more family time' speech are frequently heard. Not to mention big sweeping statements about 'the youth of today' and the 'society that is generation Y'. Do we really 'demand rights and forego all responsibility'? That came up when I argued a point about the parentals doing the exact same thing that they just finished telling me not to do. It reminds me of all those times in primary school when the 'No hat, no play' rule was enforced, teachers still had control and would patrol the outdoor areas telling all us kids to wear hats, when they themselves weren't wearing hats! Yeah that was annoying. No one was game enough to point this out though, so we just nodded meekly and wore our hats. Then we grew up.
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

lol i'm likin ur blog =p keep it up! ^^ n my space is no longer titled in chinese.. so u can change that.. hahah
ReplyDeleterunning down elevators? what the random? Yer werd.
ReplyDeleteescalators. but yeah, i mean think about the person whose name was actaully ON the fine! the security people must have looked at the two idiots that ran down and thought, aha its all THAT person's fault :P
ReplyDelete